Buying a used car, instead of a new one, is usually a good option for getting a quality vehicle at a lower price. If you are trying to save even more money on your next vehicle purchase, consider buying a salvage title car. A salvage title one that has been damaged in an accident and the insurance company has decided that it is totaled, meaning that the cost to fix it exceeds its value. According to Orthodox Auto Company, there are both pros and cons to buying a salvage car that you should consider before making a purchase.
- Low Price Tag: you can often buy a salvage car for a fraction of the cost of a new or used car of the same make and model.
- Diamond in the Rough: it is possible to find a car with a salvage title and low price tag that can be fixed by a professional mechanic to run efficiently and safely.
- Safety: some cars may not be able to be repaired sufficiently to pass safety tests that may be required to put your name on the registration.
- Salvage Title is Forever: even if your salvage car is repaired and fully restored, it will always have a salvage title. You could face issues selling your car in the future with a salvage title, as it will be worth less and could make buyers wary.
- Insurance: some insurance companies won’t insure salvage title or rebuilt cars. If a company will insure the car, they might not fully insure it and could limit the amount of coverage on the car.
Buying a salvage title vehicle can be risky but, if you find the right car, could be a great deal. The used car experts at Orthodox Auto Company have a wide selection of salvage title cars and they can help you find just what you are looking for. Contact us today at (215) 332-3500 or stop by our salvage yard anytime.